CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 12, 2011

A Slave to Naps

I used to complain that Little Man took his one and only nap in the morning.  It never really switched to the afternoon, he just dropped the afternoon nap and kept the morning one.  This was annoying because every other kid his age had the opposite nap schedule than he did and it really screwed up our playdates!  The good thing about it was that he and Baby had the same morning nap.  I got a couple of hours to myself to do things around the house and when they woke up we were all able to get out for a while before Baby's afternoon nap. 

Just this week, Little Man decided he was going to be a big boy and wait until 1:00 pm to take his nap.  At first I was so happy that he was falling into a more regular schedule.  Then I realized that the later nap actually ruined my life!  Baby goes down at 10:00 and wakes up around 12:30.  Little Man goes down at 1:00 and wakes up at 3:30.  And Baby's second nap is at 2:30 until about 4:00.  So, I am stuck in my damn house from 10:00 to 4:00.  Awesome. 

To make matters worse, I am not sure what the hell to do with Baby while I am putting Little Man down for his nap.  I never had this problem before because Baby was already sleeping once Little Man was ready to go down.  Being that it is so new I have been lucky enough to have someone around the past few days to be here to keep Baby company. Thanks Mom! Even if he didn't freak out every time I left the room, I am convinced that he would end up swinging on a chandelier if I wasn't there to stop him. 

Today we went to the playground at 5:00 pm when every other family was home getting ready for dinner.  We were the only ones there!  Then another woman showed up with the kids she nannys for.  Turns out she has two boys with the same names as mine!  That was weird  in itself but what made it even weirder was that the last time I was at that playground I was talking to a woman who had the same birthday as Baby, her sister had the same birthday as Little Man and her husband had the same birthday as D.  What are the chances of meeting people with these similarities?!  BIZARO!  Okay, I got off on a tangent there.  Anyway, we had fun at the playground.  Little Man was an angel and stayed on the playground which has been a major issue in the past.  And Baby was such a cutie.  He was climbing up and going down slides all by himself! Face first one time :)  We really did have fun but for the love of God, 5:00?!  We didn't get home until 6:15 and by the time Little Man let me leave his room it was 9:00. 

Oh well, I guess things end up working themselves out but I have a bad case of cabin fever and don't know how much more of this I can take! 

Okay, enough complaining!  Some things I loved about today...

Little Man woke up at 7:00! I Took tons of pictures of the boys with my new iPhone.  Baby's vocabulary gets better every day...today's additions were "Doctor Johnson" and "sit down";  Little Man was obsessed with me (in a loving and not annoying way) and I got a bazillion hugs and kisses and i love you's from him.  I bought an awesome fall color nail polish at WalMart (at 8:00 am).  Little Man finger painted and had a blast.  Baby was in an amazing mood today.  And last but certainly not least, we had a lot of naked baby time today and that can put a smile on my face no matter what!

No comments: