CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

5th Anniversary!

The Wedding Day:  On September 17, 2006, D and I got married.  It was more beautiful and perfect than we could have ever imagined.  Sometimes I can't believe it's been that long and other times it feels more like 20 years.  Either way, it has been the best years of our lives and we have made the most amazing little family together.  We are so lucky to have found eachother.

Today vs 5 Years Ago:  The amount of "me" time I had 5 years ago is literally unimaginable today.  Massages, facials, manicures, pedicures, shopping, dinners, movies, reading, sleeping, eating, thinking, etc.  The luxuries I had!  Fast forward 5 years...I actually went to sleep on sheets that Little Man had peed on 3 hours earlier.  I totally forgot about it until the next morning.  Boy, life has changed!

Gifts:  So, I didn't get a single gift for D this year (very unlike me!) and of course he did the most thoughtful things (as usual)!  I still feel awful.  Here is my terrible excuse....I just didn't have time!  D on the other hand, was actually listening to me babble about projects I found on Pinterest that I couldn't wait to get started on. He went onto the website, found the ones I was talking about and bought all of the materials I needed.  Yup, he was in Michaels, ACMoore, thrift shops, Christmas Tree Shoppe, you name it.  He was a man on a mission.  He actually did the DIY dry erase board all by himself and it came out beautiful!  The antique looking "J" on burlap in an oval frame was a little more intense so he got all of the materials for me. D, you have outdone yourself!  He also got me a beautiful jacket/raincoat from Banana but for $200 I decided to be cheap and buy some less expensive, much need clothes for myself!

Past Anniversary Celebrations:  We celebrated our very 1st anniversary in Punta Cana for a week and went to Puerto Rico to celebrate our 2nd.  Our 3rd and 4th anniversarys were celebrated at Morton's Steakhouse in Stamford.  That is officially our anniversary spot when we have 3 month old babies at home.  Will we ever celebrate at Morton's again?  Time will tell! 

The Night Out:  This year my mom was able to get us a free night at Mohegan Sun. Score!  Those rooms are beautiful and normally like $700 a night.  D's Mom and G stayed at our house for the night with the kids.  We ate a delicious meal Michael Jordan's, played some roulette and slots and went to bed at 2 am.  It felt pretty good going to sleep knowing that no one was going to wake me up! 

Yay!  We are out to dinner without a curfew!
So happy!

Happy Anniversary cake and champagne.


Dave eating leftover NY Strip at 2 am with his bare hands!  Did the same exact thing 5 years ago to the day!

The Next Day:  D woke me up at 7:00.  He couldn't sleep.  That's funny, cause I was sleeping JUST FINE!  COME ON!!!!

We got dressed, got a coffee, went to breakfast, played some more slots and roulette and left the hotel.  Yes, we did miss the boys but we made a quick pit stop at the outlets before going home.  It was my first shopping trip for clothes in well over two years.  It was nice.

Coming Home:  We had wonderful 23 hours of alone time but we were still so excited to see the boys.  When we walked in the door Little Man gave us a sweet smile that melted our hearts and Baby came running like a mad man from around the corner. He saw me and with the biggest smile shouted "Mommy, Mommy!"  That is what makes it all worth it!  It's good to get the little breaks here and there (and sometimes they are much needed!) but it is also so great to get back to reality. 

If you are reading this, thanks for marrying me, D! I love you.

No comments: