CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Sick, sick, sick...and Short Sentences

It has been weeks since I have written or read any blogs! The boys have been sick since the post I wrote about D going away for work.  That was like 3 weeks ago!  I guess this is going to be my life this winter with both boys in daycare for the sick season for the first time.  It’s going to be a LONG one.  Hopefully this is the worst and it will get better from here?  Please say yes.
So for the past 3 weeks our lives have consisted of running noses, green boogs, coughing, ear infections, nebulizers, Benadryl, Motrin, antibiotics, no sleep, tears, screams and just plain bad moods.  It’s been fun. 
Little Man has been a bit dramatic.  Every time he sneezes he screams like he just shot a knife out of his nose.  I am sure it’s the combination of boogies on his face (god forbid) and his little nose being sore from all the running, sneezing and wiping.  But, and that’s a big BUT, it definitely doesn’t call for the reaction that it gets.  And when you have to deal with that at least 40 times a day, it gets REALLY old. 
Baby doesn’t mind the boogies, thank goodness, but his issue is the medicine.  I dread the 2 times a day that I have to pin both arms down,  hold his head straight and squeeze open his mouth to give him his antibiotics.  Screaming like you have never heard!  And then I try the Benadryl before bed to try to stop the coughing and sneezing so he could get some rest.  That usually ends in a sticky mess.  I am so done with this.
I think my house has germs on every square inch of it and my couch smells like rotten milk.  Little Man drank a whole cup of milk, tried to cough, had phlegm in his throat and threw up every last drop of the milk and then some.  Soaked the couch, our clothes, my hair and the blanket we were under.  He thought it was funny.  Go figure, a sneeze is the end of the world but sour milk coming pouring out of his mouth and nose is hysterical.   Anyway, I have to figure out what I am going to do about that.  I guess that is my exciting project this weekend. Yay.
Okay, so that is enough sick talk.  On a more exciting side note, Baby is starting to put little sentences together!  It is so stinking cute.  Papa…where are you, doggie barking, bless you, I love you and play with toys are the little phrases that come to mind at the moment.  This stuff never gets old!  Oh ya, and NO is his favorite word.  He answers every single question with a very monotone “no”….even if he means yes.  We ask him ridiculous questions just to hear him say no.  It is hysterical and he thinks so too.
So, that has been my exciting life these past few weeks and I am bummed that I haven’t really gotten a chance to write on my blog.  Hopefully I will be getting back in the swing of things soon.  I miss this stuff L 
Until next time.
STAY HEALTHY!

No comments: